It's been awhile since I've watched anything Asian for the past year or so. I've been too engrossed with reading or watching US series. But I guess it's just waiting for the right moment... LOL. I think I knew deep inside that once I 'try' 1 episode, I'm doomed. LOL... And now, I'm back to watching with subtitles again. And mind you, I'm still trying to get used to it again! hirap ng hindi na sanay sa subtitles!
Anyways, for the past month or so, I've already completed a couple of series... *sighs* It's all Song Seung Hun's fault! LOL...
Anyways, for the past month or so, I've already completed a couple of series... *sighs* It's all Song Seung Hun's fault! LOL...
![]() |
| My Princess |
My Princess was the one which re-started it all. I said I was just going to only look at the 1st episode. The next thing I know, I'm at the last episode already. I really enjoyed the series - I was laughing at almost each episodes, cried at some... Really has the formula of your typical rom-com Korean drama - a love quad, with a really b**ch kontrabida (though I got to admit, there are a lot meaner kontrabidas that I've watched before. haha). Kim Tae Hee was really pretty here and I think she did great, the part is really fit for her. And of course, the sexy-gorgeous Song Seung Hun (SSH)... *sighs* I've never seen anyone look good in just about anything he wears. Panalo! And to think I don't like him much before *grins*. Though, I'm still confused at the ending. When she followed him, did that mean she left her princess status? Which doesn't make sense since she held on to it for the last 2 years.. Ewan! I guess, it's the viewers' choice on how they want it to look like. :) Basta, happy ending parin.
![]() |
| Secret Garden |
Next drama is Secret Garden. I really had issues with Hyun Bin being too thin here. I really like him na mas may laman! But as the story progressed, I guess, I got accustomed to him being thin and he's looking cute and charming again. Must be that darn dimple :). It's an OK drama with a couple of kiligs din. I know everyone will agree with me that the sit-up scene and the coffee foam kiss are the best scenes from the drama. Kilig to the nth level. haha.. I also liked the scene where he was watching her sleep and she woke up and they were just staring at each other. And HB's lines wherein he said why would he piggy back her. Instead he'll just carry her in his arms so he can see her (awww). Main issue for me would be the switching of souls thing. I am not sure if it was just lost in translation or something but I they didn't really explain the reason of the soul swatching. Again, baket?! :) :) Ohhhh, and is it just me or Yoon Sang Hyun (Osca) could really really pass as Kimura Takuya's brother! ;)
![]() |
| Lie to Me |
Way after watching a drama and I'm still thinking about it, I guess I really do like it. And Lie to Me is in that list. I really wasn't expecting much from this drama, though I've got to admit that I'm a bit of a fan of Eun Hye. I really really loved her previous dramas - Goong and Coffee Prince - and I think she's adorable. On the other hand, I don't know much about Kang Ji Hwan except that he's the star in Hong Gil Dong. But, after watching the series, I really liked it and I'm still thinking about the story and the characters. I liked that the usual kontrabidas that you'd like to kill are not there. I liked that their main issues are the characters' internal issues and struggles. I liked that when Hyun Ki Joon (Kang Ji Hwan) realized and accepted that he loves Gong Ah Jung (Eun Hye) he never looked back at his previous love. I loved how they showed how HKJ loves GAJ. I kept thinking after that Hyun Ki Joon is an ideal guy for me *swoons*. Conchi said that I don't just like the character and that I like Kang Ji Hwan himself... hehehe.. in denial ako (though I've been checking his soompi thread a lot.. *grins*... Kase naman, ang mga gayish moves! dapat nya tigilan ;). Pero hindi mo ko mapapanood ng Hong Gil Dong (for now.. hahaha)!
![]() |
| The Greatest Love |
And the last drama that I watched (I just finished it today. haha) is The Greatest Love. Yun Pil Joo (the doctor and the other guy, played by Yoon Kye Sang) is really cute. Dokko Jin (Cha Seung Won), I'm still debating with myself if I like him or not. Hahahha.. I don't which one I didn't like - his overacting (but could be because it's his character) or his hair. haha.. But really, if you look hard, maganda ang built nya ha and he's got a nice nose. LOL... And like ko yung tattoo nya (it's real, the name is of his daughter - yes, he's married.. =D)! *sighs* If I'm debating with myself, most likely, I'm liking him at in denial lang ako. HAHAHA... The series was OK - it gave me a few laughs and sniffs.. and sige na nga, may konting kilig here and there. Guess, since it's from the Hong sisters, you'll somehow like it parin. Not my most favorite among their other dramas (dang! just found out that Hong Gil Dong is from the Hong sisters.. nooh! dame! hindi parin kita iwawatch! haha), but it was still OK :). Oh, and the I really love the main song from this drama.... :)
4 Dramas in just a little over a month... waaah! I wonder until when will this last? ;)
4 Dramas in just a little over a month... waaah! I wonder until when will this last? ;)





0 comments:
Post a Comment