Sunday, March 06, 2011

Can't Buy Me Love - Pre-McDreamy


My first movie for the year and it had to be an old classic flick. Hahaha :). Anyways, how'd I stumbled into this? Last week, Ate Gi and I got into talking about Patrick Dempsey (and really hope that she'll see him in the flesh.. I'm begging her to ask for an autograph for me.. LOL). And she said that he'll always be the geek in Can't Buy Me Love and she somehow can't believe he turned into one hunkababe. Yes, I remember Can't Buy Me Love and I remember that it was, indeed, McDreamy... err. At least it was him before he became McDreamy. I guess, the movie got stuck in my head and I decided to look for it and the next thing I know, I was re-watching this good ol' 80's movie.

Can't Buy Me Love is all about Ronald Miller, a High School senior geek who's tired of well, being geek. So, he made a deal with the head of the cheerleading squad for $1000 to be his girlfriend for a month. His plan worked and he became part of the "In" crowd and so started the problem.

It really was old school HS 80's classic. It was fun seeing all those hair, shoulder pads, outfits, etc.. It was a simple love story.. with that same High School dilemma. The popular ones.. and the outcasts.. The outcasts just trying to fit in. I enjoyed rewatching the movie - just to see that 80's look. And of course seeing Patrick Dempsey being a geek. Who would have thought that this...


would become this?


*sighs* McDreamy! :)

Oh, it was cute seeing Seth Green there too as Ronald's little brother, Chuck!

I tried researching for Amanda Peterson who played Cindy Mancini (the cheerleader) and it seems like she already quit acting back in '95. Hahaha.. I was thinking, wouldn't it be cute if she guest stars in Grey's Anatomy? LOL... 

1 comments:

babynix said...

mcdreamy it is! *sigh* :)