Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis

Title : Animal Magnetism
Author : Jill Shalvis
Genre : Romance
Pages : 304
Publish Date : February 01, 2011
Publisher : Berkley
Started Reading : February 16, 2011
Completed Reading : February 16, 2011
Book Rating : 4/5

This alpha male is going to bring out her wild side…

Sunshine, Idaho, is a small and sunny town—the perfect home for man and beast. Well, maybe not for man, as pilot-for-hire Brady Miller discovers when his truck is rear-ended by what appears to be Noah’s Ark.

The co-owner of the town’s only kennel, Lilah Young has good reason to be distracted behind the wheel—there are puppies, a piglet, and a duck in her Jeep. But, she doesn’t find it hard to focus on the angry, gorgeous stranger she’s collided with.

Lilah has lived in Sunshine all her life, and though Brady is just passing through, he has her abandoning her instincts and giving in to a primal desire. It’s Brady’s nature to resist being tied down, but there’s something about Lilah and her menagerie—both animal and human—that keeps him coming back for more…


*****

I think at this point, Jill Shalvis could not go wrong with me. This is my 3rd Shalvis book and I have not been disappointed yet. I loved her characters... and not just her main characters, mind you, but even the secondary ones, and even the "extras', and even the animals. Brady was all-male and sweet in his own right... And I enjoyed Lilah too.. I enjoyed Adam and Dell, Cruz, the townspeople and all the animals - Twinkles, her cat, and even the duck.. I even found it funny and cute how Brady was called Dr. Death. All he did for her had been sweet. And of course there had been pretty hot moments too ;).

Again, some scenes/parts that I love:

Brady to himself about Lilah:
He was beginning to think he would let her in anywhere, at any time, and in any place she wanted. His chopper, his hotel room, his life. His fucking heart...

Brady to Lilah:
"I've always been on my own. I liked it that way. No one waiting on me, depending on me in any way. I thought that meant I had it all, but that's not how it works. You taught me that. You showed me what it means to belong. I need you Lilah. I need you with me, loving me. I didn't realize how much until I tried to go."

"Sort of like home is where the heart is?"

"Yes. And mine is in the palm of your hand."

Brady to Lilah (again):
"I always thought love was a weakness," he said. "That might still be the case, but I don't want to be without you. You're it for me, Lilah. You make me a better man, you make me feel..."

"What?" she said breathlessly when he paused.

"Everything. You make me feel everything."

Waaah! :) :) *sniff* *sniff*

I should really go hunt for the other J. Shalvis books... :)

0 comments: