Title : Practice Makes Perfect
Author : Julie James
Genre : Romance
Pages : 304
Publish Date : March 03, 2009
Publisher : Berkley
Started Reading : February 01, 2011
Completed Reading : February 02, 2011
Book Rating : 5/5
When it comes to the laws of attraction…
*****
When I first read Julie James' Just the Sexiest Man Alive last year, I vowed to go out and buy her other novels. Unfortunately, I haven't found any other yet, so I decided to get an electronic version first of Practice Makes Perfect (FullyBooked, when are you going to have this book?). And I'm glad I did read it already. I think I'm really a sucker for this type of love story - long time "enemies". It's funny, I love their chemistry. The story behind how they became "enemies" was funny. One sweet part that I liked (J.D. to Payton):
"What I wanted to tell you," he began deliberately, "was that you were wrong."
...
"I would've done it for you in a heartbeat."
It was sweet really :). And there's another one other part that I liked, but I would have spoiled the story if I say it.. it's somewhere near the ending... so.... just read the book :).
Author : Julie James
Genre : Romance
Pages : 304
Publish Date : March 03, 2009
Publisher : Berkley
Started Reading : February 01, 2011
Completed Reading : February 02, 2011
Book Rating : 5/5
When it comes to the laws of attraction…
Payton Kendall and J.D. Jameson are lawyers who know the meaning of objection. A feminist to the bone, Payton has fought hard to succeed in a profession dominated by men. Born wealthy, privileged, and cocky, J.D. has fought hard to ignore her. Face to face, they’re perfectly civil. They have to be. For eight years they’ve kept a safe distance and tolerated each other as co-workers for one reason only: to make partner at the firm.
… there are no rules.
But all bets are off when they’re asked to join forces on a major case. At first apprehensive, they begin to appreciate each other’s dedication to the law—and the sparks between them quickly turn into attraction. But the increasingly hot connection doesn’t last long when they discover that only one of them will be named partner. Now it’s an all out war. And the battle between the sexes is bound to make these lawyers hot under the collar . . .
*****
When I first read Julie James' Just the Sexiest Man Alive last year, I vowed to go out and buy her other novels. Unfortunately, I haven't found any other yet, so I decided to get an electronic version first of Practice Makes Perfect (FullyBooked, when are you going to have this book?). And I'm glad I did read it already. I think I'm really a sucker for this type of love story - long time "enemies". It's funny, I love their chemistry. The story behind how they became "enemies" was funny. One sweet part that I liked (J.D. to Payton):
"What I wanted to tell you," he began deliberately, "was that you were wrong."
...
"I would've done it for you in a heartbeat."
It was sweet really :). And there's another one other part that I liked, but I would have spoiled the story if I say it.. it's somewhere near the ending... so.... just read the book :).


0 comments:
Post a Comment