Title : Anyone But You
Author : Jennifer Crusie
Genre : Romance
Pages : 256
Publish Date : December 01, 2006
Publisher : HQN Books
Started Reading : February 08, 2011
Completed Reading : February 08, 2011
Book Rating : 5/5
Part basset, part beagle, all Cupid . . .
For Nina Askew, turning forty means freedom -- from the ex-husband, freedom from their stuffy suburban home, freedom to focus on what she wants for a change. And what she wants is something her ex always vetoed -- a puppy. A bouncy, adorable puppy. Instead she gets . . . Fred.
Overweight, middle-aged, a bit smelly and obviously depressed, Fred is light-years from perky. But he does manage to put Nina in the path of Alex Moore, her gorgeous, younger-by-a-decade neighbor.
Alex seems perfect -- he's a sexy, seemingly sane, surprisingly single E.R. doctor -- but the age gap convinces Nina that anyone but Alex would be better relationship material. But with every silver-haired stiff she dates, the more she suspects it's the young, dog-loving doc she wants to sit and stay.
*****
I think I have to take a break from reading... LOL.. my blog is turning into a book blog! LOL :).
Anyways, another big hit from Jennifer Crusie for me. I really love this book. I don't think I've read a book that deals about age-differences in a relationship, especially with the woman being the older one. I find it cute, funny and endearing. I love Alex and Nina... Even Max (Alex's brother and bestfriend) and Charity (Nina's bestfriend) were awesome. I can't remember how many times I laughed out loud, smiled and grinned while reading this book. And it wasn't just the exchange between the two main characters that I love, but also each of their conversations with their bestfriends. I find the conversations between Alex and Max the most hilarious. Some really really funny lines that I love are:
Max to Alex: "When you finally get your shot," Max said, "don't blow it. You'd better be the best damn kisser in North America, or she's going to remember the ten-year difference and say no."
Alex and Max:
"Alex, listen to me carefully," Max said. "I'm telling you this as your brother and as your best friend."
"All right," Alex said, "Let's have it."
"Never wear Daffy Duck shorts to seduce a woman. You want her gasping in awe when she looks down, not wondering how old you are."
"Oh, hell," Alex said.
One very small thing though, I wish there was more of Norma and Rich. :)
Author : Jennifer Crusie
Genre : Romance
Pages : 256
Publish Date : December 01, 2006
Publisher : HQN Books
Started Reading : February 08, 2011
Completed Reading : February 08, 2011
Book Rating : 5/5
Part basset, part beagle, all Cupid . . .
For Nina Askew, turning forty means freedom -- from the ex-husband, freedom from their stuffy suburban home, freedom to focus on what she wants for a change. And what she wants is something her ex always vetoed -- a puppy. A bouncy, adorable puppy. Instead she gets . . . Fred.
Overweight, middle-aged, a bit smelly and obviously depressed, Fred is light-years from perky. But he does manage to put Nina in the path of Alex Moore, her gorgeous, younger-by-a-decade neighbor.
Alex seems perfect -- he's a sexy, seemingly sane, surprisingly single E.R. doctor -- but the age gap convinces Nina that anyone but Alex would be better relationship material. But with every silver-haired stiff she dates, the more she suspects it's the young, dog-loving doc she wants to sit and stay.
*****
I think I have to take a break from reading... LOL.. my blog is turning into a book blog! LOL :).
Anyways, another big hit from Jennifer Crusie for me. I really love this book. I don't think I've read a book that deals about age-differences in a relationship, especially with the woman being the older one. I find it cute, funny and endearing. I love Alex and Nina... Even Max (Alex's brother and bestfriend) and Charity (Nina's bestfriend) were awesome. I can't remember how many times I laughed out loud, smiled and grinned while reading this book. And it wasn't just the exchange between the two main characters that I love, but also each of their conversations with their bestfriends. I find the conversations between Alex and Max the most hilarious. Some really really funny lines that I love are:
Max to Alex: "When you finally get your shot," Max said, "don't blow it. You'd better be the best damn kisser in North America, or she's going to remember the ten-year difference and say no."
Alex and Max:
"Alex, listen to me carefully," Max said. "I'm telling you this as your brother and as your best friend."
"All right," Alex said, "Let's have it."
"Never wear Daffy Duck shorts to seduce a woman. You want her gasping in awe when she looks down, not wondering how old you are."
"Oh, hell," Alex said.
One very small thing though, I wish there was more of Norma and Rich. :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment