Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The Cinderella Deal by Jennifer Crusie

Title : The Cinderella Deal
Author : Jennifer Crusie
Genre : Romance
Pages : 288
Publish Date : January 26, 2010 (Reprint Edition)
Publisher : Bantam
Started Reading : January 30, 2011
Completed Reading : February 01, 2011
Book Rating : 4/5

Daisy Flattery is a free spirit with a soft spot for strays and a weakness for a good story. Why else would she agree to the outrageous charade offered by her buttoned-down workaholic neighbor, Linc Blaise? The history professor needs to have a fiancee in order to capture his dream job, and Daisy is game to play the role. But something funny happens on their way to the altar that changes everything. Now, with the proverbial midnight hour approaching, will Daisy lose her prince, or will opposites not only attract but live happily every after?

*****

At first, I thought I was going to be disappointed. I initially thought that there's something off. I didn't feel like it's a Jennifer Crusie book 'coz I don't see the quick and funny comebacks that I've come to love about her writing style. But, it turned out that I'm wrong. I still ended up loving the book.. :). Midpart, I was already laughing, grinning and just enjoying the book.

I definitely loved these parts (Linc to Daisy):

"That's not a father. That's a sperm donor. Forget him. He's a mess. Concentrate on me. I'm terrific."

"Forget playing hard to get, cupcake. I've seen the pictures you painted of me. You think I'm God."

Hahahah.. I really had a good laugh at this book. I think I'm becoming a Jennifer Crusie fan :). Got to find more of her books!

0 comments: