Thursday, February 10, 2011

Trust Me On This by Jennifer Crusie

Title : Trust Me On This
Author : Jennifer Crusie
Genre : Romance
Pages : 320
Publish Date : October 26, 2010
Publisher : Bantam (Reprint Edition)
Started Reading : February 10, 2011
Completed Reading : February 10, 2011
Book Rating : 4/5

"I bet that smile gets you everything you want...."

As soon as Alec Prentice spotted the spicy brunette in red silk, he vowed thatthe tempting con woman would not escape him! Dennie Banks was prepared to doanything to get her story, even flirt her way into the arms of a man whopromised to help-but when the feisty reporter dared him to kiss her, his mouthscorched hers with wildfire yearning. Could two passionate partners in crimeget their man and each other?

In a deliciously fast-paced and funny romance, Jennifer Crusie proves without adoubt that everyone's guilty of something-and it might just be love! Drawninto a reckless charade by a man whose dangerous charm was hard to resist,could she uncover his mysteries without surrendering her own?

*****

This is another one funny and lovely book from Crusie. I love the characters as usual. And not just the main characters, but also the secondary ones, Victoria, Alec's aunt and Harry, 'Alec's boss. As usual, the lines were quick, witty and funny. At this point, Crusie could not go wrong with me (well, maybe just Maybe This Time.. hehehe).

One really sweet line/conversation that I loved in the book was between the leads, Alec and Dennie, which goes:

"I can cover you until you're ninety-six."

"Ninety-six," Dennie's voice sounded flat, and Alec felt a clutch of fear; maybe she wasn't going to come back from this one. After a moment, she pulled back from him and asked in the same flat voice, "Why ninety-six?"

Alec tilted her chin up until she was eye-to-eye with him. "Because when you're ninety-six, I'll be a hundred, and I'll be too damn old to break your fall. Until then, I've got you covered."

Awwww... sweet huh? :)

0 comments: