Author : Erin McCarthy
Genre : Contemporary Romance
Series : Book #1, Fast Track
Pages : 304
Publish Date : November 01, 2008
Publisher : Berkley Sensation
Started Reading : February 21, 2011
Completed Reading : February 21, 2011
Book Rating : 4/5
Independent single mother Tamara Briggs wanted to find a new, sexy, no-strings-attached man-just not one as young as NASCAR driver Elec Monroe. But he sure does get her heart racing. And after she’s tricked into a blind date with him, Tamara gives in to her passion. Things screech to a halt, though, when he asks to meet her children. Whatever happened to wham-bam-thank-you ma’am? Suddenly Tamara has to decide how much risk she’s willing to take to experience the power of true love.
*****
At home sick today... :(. Still has colds and fever.. So between, sleep and meds, I was able to squeeze in one book for today.
As to why I read this last, I don't know. Maybe saving the best for last? Because, for me, this is the best book in the series. I wonder if it had to do with the kids? and well, the family aspect? The story just got to me. Tamara being a single mom, her husband racer who died two years ago and then she falling for another race car driver. Elec being gorgeous and sexy and at the same time being sweet and loving to her kids. I really enjoyed this one. And Ryder and Suzanne were really funny and sassy in this book. And I also adore the rest of the characters, Pete (Tamara's husband who died)'s parents, Tamara's kids - Petey and Hunter and Elec's family. I love the scenes of Elec visiting Tammy when she had to take care of her sick kids and he brought food and toys for the kids, it was just sweet. And I also liked the "cat fight" between Crystal (Elec's "stalker") and Tammy, it's classic. And I was laughing out loud at Ryder's joke regarding his properties and "Tammy and Elec". Funny!
I can't wait for The Chase, the 4th book of the series coming out this April. This time, the story is about Evan Monroe, Elec's brother.


0 comments:
Post a Comment