Saturday, February 12, 2011

What the Lady Wants by Jennifer Crusie

Title : Trust Me On This
Author : Jennifer Crusie
Genre : Romance
Pages : 320
Publish Date : October 26, 2010
Publisher : Bantam (Reprint Edition)
Started Reading : February 11, 2011
Completed Reading : February 12, 2011
Book Rating : 4/5

Nothin' like a dame . . .

Mitch Peabody was learning pretty fast that the life of a private detective was not all it was cracked up to be. Cheating husbands, suspicious wives, unsuspecting mistresss -- case after case left him cynical and disillusioned. This was nothing like the world of tough-talking detectives and smart-mouthed, stunning dames he'd envisioned . . . until she walked through the door.

Right down to her stilettos, Mae Sullivan was a knockout with a lethal body -- and a lethal family to go with it. There was something not quite on the up-and-up about her, but she came with a case he couldn't afford to refuse . . . and left him with a case of lust like he hadn't had since high school. It didn't take long for him to fall for her, hook, line and sinker. But was Mae only interested in catching the double-crossing crooks who murdered her uncle . . . or did the lady want to catch him?

*****

Have I mentioned lately that J. Crusie is now one of my favorite authors? Hahaha... I just can't stop reading her books. I've been trying to find the rest of her books eversince I started reading her. They're just always fun, witty and really sweet. And this book is no exception. The secondary characters were all funny - Mitch's friend and attorney, Mae's uncles, June and Harold.. even Bob! And of course Mitch and Mae themselves were funny and lovable. I can't help myself but love them.

And really, the title was really apt for the story.. :)

Now, time to look for other J. Crusie novels...

1 comments:

babynix said...

Now I know which ones I'd read first! Hahaha! di naman sa adik kay J. Crusie!