Author : Judi McCoy
Genre : Romance
Pages : 319
Publish Date : April, 2004
Publisher : Zebra
Started Reading : January 7, 2011
Completed Reading : January 7, 2011
Book Rating : 2/5
SOME SET-UPS...
Prim headmistress Honoria Hewitt can't believer she let herself get talked into such a humiliating predicament. If her family's school, the Hewitt Academy, didn't desperately need the money, there's no way she would be standing on stage in a body-hugging red dress waiting for eligible bachelors to bid on her like some door prize. Not that she expects any man to ante up for her... especially not gorgeous playboy Alexander Vandencort...
...ARE HEAVEN SENT
Twenty thousand dollars. Yup - the silence and dropped jaws confirmed that he, Alexander Vandencort, had just bid twenty thousand dollars for a date with the original Miss Priss. What in heaven's name compelled him to do that? Seven days in a tropical paradise with a woman who blushes at the word "thong" should be sheer torture, but there's something captivating about Honoria that Alex can't put his finger on. And soon, time with her feels less like an obligation... and more like a touch of heaven...
*****
First off, what's with the name? Hahaha. Really, I think there are thousand other names that could have been used than Honoria. Or maybe it was used to go with the headmistress idea. There had been fun parts, yes, but I think there had been some that were over the top - like the gun pointing and the bathroom mess. And I also don't get why Alex, now that he is able and independent, didn't do anything about his disability. Humiliation? Thinking it's too late? But, if it's me and I could afford it, why not do something about it?
Oh well, I wonder if I should try another of her books and maybe I'd like it more...


0 comments:
Post a Comment