Saturday, January 22, 2011

With the FangirlAsia Family and Book shopping (again!)

It's FangirlAsia's last Open House Sale at Meeting Room 13, SMX Convention Centre. It'll be there last since they already have their office in Makati and they'll have their office open to everyone on Saturdays to fulfill fangirls' (and fanboys) collection! :) As always, I was there to help out. It's always fun and feels good to be with friends! I haven't seen Ate Gi since our Tagaytay trip last December (and we used to see each other almost every weekend!). Same goes to the rest of the FangirlAsia family - Dadi Butch, Kathyren/Jerome, Akee, Jules and Bea. And just recently, we have a new girl onboard the team, Duhbie! She's now our bunso, being two months younger than Bea.

It never ceases to amaze me that even if I've been quiet within the Asian fangirl world, the fangirl in me always surfaces out when I'm with Ate Gi and the rest. Hahaha. Must be all that merchandise all around us. I've not been long inside the Meeting Room and I found myself just staring at TK and the rest of SMAP while they were performing in their 2009 concert (or at least I think it was their 2009 concert). And then I found myself taking pics of stuff that I'd include in my wishlist (at least hindi ko binili pa.. wishlist muna!)

FTIsland's Asia Tour Photobook - Philippines is included here! may pic pa ng ulo ni Ate Gi. LOL

FTIsland's FT Time 2011 - saw Bea's copy.. it has an awesome calendar, planner and postcards

FTIsland's 2nd Compilation, TW - I had the first one of this, a gift from Ate Gi for my b-day last year. Dapat lang na meron ako nung 2nd!

FTIsland's Beautiful Journey, TW Version - It has a DVD! :)

I know! They're all FTIsland. What can I say? I'm a fan! :)

Anyways, one big surprise that I got was Kinki Kids' Family single. I kept asking Bea how much was the CD because it didn't have any price tag on it. Turned out, it's already mine! Wuhooo! It's a gift from Pin :) :). Ate Gi was just waiting for me to "claim" it. Hahaha

Thanks Pin! I love it! :)
Oh, this time around, I didn't hitch a ride with Dadi Butch and Ate Gi 'coz I wanted to go to MOA first and do some book shopping. LOL. We usually just go to Powerbooks when we are at MOA/SMX and I wanted to pass by Fullybooked and National Bookstore. So, I just decided to just go to SMX and meet them there. I didn't buy anything at Fullybooked. I manage to get one from NBS though.. haha! and 2 more from Powerbooks. 


I got:

Jennifer Crusie's The Cinderella Deal - my first on hand J. Crusie book! Hope it's good.

Michael Scott's The Necromancer, the 4th book of the "The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel" series - It's on sale!
Cynthia Hand's Unearthly - I have this on my To Buy list. I love the cover, though it reminds me of the Lauren Kate's Fallen series covers.

Oh, Powerbooks is on sale. 30% on selected books until the end of January. I think I'll be going back to Powerbooks soon to get the rest of the Vampire Academy series. Except for the last book, all others is only around 297 php! :)
 

0 comments: