Friday, January 21, 2011

Personal Library

Two days ago, I stumbled on this site, Bookshelf Porn (i assure you, this is wholesome.. haha), and I again had these thoughts of how my personal library would look like. Truth be told, I haven't completely imagined how I want it to look.. though I remember a few years back when I kept this magazine with a really awesome personal library as a cover and I wanted something similar to that... unfortunately, I lost the magazine and I can't remember much - just that it occupied a big space and it had bay window seats!

For my personal library, one thing that I want, it should have bay window seats. Hahaha! I want to be able to snuggle/sit in one while reading a favorite book and all. And of course, I'd be surrounded with shelves and books. *dreams* And now, I added another one that I'd like inside my sanctuary.. a very comfy chair similar to the one in Starbucks HK.

Anyways, when I discovered Bookshelf Porn, I found some really nice pics of libraries from all over that I kinda want to use for ideas. They're pretty varied, but what the heck, this is my dream space that we're talking about! :)

So here are some of them...


I love these because they look so spacious and airy and cheerful:






I like these because they're two-storey :)




This one because of the window!


And this because of how it opens to another room... Love how the door created the illusion of it being a bookshelf too. or maybe it is a bookshelf.. haha


Nice right? I wish someday that I'll be able to have my own home and make this dream of a personal library come true! I got the books already... just need the room.. :)

0 comments: