Conchi, Kathy and I would usually meetup occasionally just to relax, eat and have fun together. Though during the last few meet-ups, it's just Conchi and me. Si Kathy biglang nawawala :). Before 2010 ended, Conchi and I scheduled a meet-up for the 8th of Jan. We contacted Kathy and asked if she could come. She has plans already but we txted her again and she still came with us. Yey!
At 1pm, Conchi and I met up at Fullybooked, The Block (our usual place). Of course, before we headed out for our late lunch (which we still didn't know where), we had to browse around the bookstore. Conchi got 2 books for herself and I got 1, Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. I saw this posted by Fullybooked in FB and decided to try it out. It's about Clay Jensen finding a box of tapes made by Hannah Baker who committed suicide. The tapes explains the 13 reasons why she decided to kill herself. Interesting huh? :)
After Fullybooked, we met up with Kathy and headed to Annex to look for food. We ended up having a late lunch at the President's Tea House, a Chinese resto. Pretty ok food - we had seafood fried rice, seafood pancit canton, mapo tofu, beef broccoli and some dimsum. We didn't get to take pretty good pics of the food (forgot, again! =p).
Here's Conchi and myself, photo courtesy of Kathy. haha
After our lunch, Kathy went back to The Block to meet with her clients i think. Conchi and I headed to the WorldVision booth to do our goal for the day. I've been wanting to sponsor a child since 2010 but never got around to it until now.
Yeah, i sponsor a child! :) Happy!
Next stop is at NBS Booksellers. I was so happy that I was able to find the books that I like. 1st is the William and Kate book by Christopher Andersen. I guess it's because all of the historical romance reading that I am now very much interested with Royalty. :) Another book that I got that's a great surprise is The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan in paperback. Hoooraayyyyyyy!! I've waited for a long time for this. You see, my copies of the Percy Jackson books are all in paperback and being OC, I wanted the last book to be in paperback as well. Tiis ito! And when I saw it at Booksellers, I grabbed myself a copy. I even asked when it arrived (LOL) and the girl said that it just arrived today. Lucky! I'm pretty amazed that National releases books earlier than Fullybooked or Powerbooks these days.
Here are all the books I got today!
After our (or my) bookshopping, Conchi and I found ourselves inside the Apple store. We just wanted to look around (promise!). And after I've been debating whether to get an iPad or a Samsung Galaxy Tab, I finally got myself a new toy - an iPod Touch! LOL... Di kami pwede magsama ni Conchi, BI kami sa isa't isa. She also got herself one. HAHAHA.. There were only 2 64gb left and it's a sign! so bili na kami. Next thing we know, we're heading to the accessories section and choosing our casings. LOL :) As of now, I'm happily downloading and adding apps. Wala pa ngang songs! And we still have yet to try out Face Time.
Happy with our purchases, we headed to Caffe Ti-Amo and tried out their coffee and waffle gelato. Yum! There, we waited for Kathy to show up again. While waiting, we started our file exchange. hahaha! I got some new series to watch - Without a Trace, Big Bang Theory and House. And of course, when Kathy arrived, kwentuhan to the max parin. :)
Oh, and before I forget, I got this really awesome shirt from Conchi. It's from their own company creation. Nice noh? Thanks Conchi! :)
Today was really a day spent well with great friends! We've made it a pact to meet-up every 1st Saturday of the month (at the least).
Saturday, January 08, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
ah eh, remember, we have to save up for Horizon 2012! hahahaha!
Waaaah!! oo nga! kelangan matuloy yung 2011 Future natin!
Post a Comment